Sausage, Apple and Cranberry stuffing
Yields 10 servings
• 5 cups of cubed white bread
• 1 pound of ground turkey sausage
• 1 cup of chopped onion
• ¾ cup of chopped celery
• 3 teaspoons of dried sage
• 1 ½ teaspoons of dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• ¼ cup of fresh, chopped parsley
• 2 Granny Smith apples cored and chopped
• ¾ cup of dried cranberries
• 1 to 2 cups of turkey or chicken stock
• 4 tablespoons of melted cannabutter
• Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread the cubes of bread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes into a large bowl and let cool.
Sauté the sausage in a large skillet over medium –high heat until cooked through, breaking up lumps until it is evenly browned.
Add the celery, onions, rosemary, sage and thyme and sauté until the onions are soft – around 8 minutes.
Add sausage mixture to the bowl of toasted bread cubes and add apples, dried cranberries, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Add melted cannabutter and stock a little at a time stir through lightly. The stuffing mixture should be moist and not be mushy so only add enough that is needed.
Bake at 375 degrees in a casserole dish uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes until the top is crispy.
If using the mixture to stuff the turkey allow it to cool in the fridge before stuffing the bird.
Or you can take the easy way and get a stove top mix and substitute cannabutter for the normal butter or oil.
Click here for more cannabis meal recipes